As a first stage towards a return to cricket I am delighted to advise you that we are able to trial softball net sessions this Saturday from 12 to 5 pm. This will be under strict English Cricket Board (ECB) guidelines. The key points are as follows…
1. Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times.
2. The pavilion will not be open.
3. Please use you own equipment if possible. If you need to borrow any equipment please contact John Paton in advance and we will make arrangements for kit to be available.
4. No saliva or sweat to be rubbed onto the ball at any stage.
5. Wash hands at home before and after using the facilities. Please bring your own hand sanitiser where possible.
6. Use must be booked in advance online. Please go to townmallingcricket.co.uk/nets for details of how to book or book below.
7. Sessions are for 50 minutes. There will be a 10 minute break between sessions to ensure that there is no contact between different groups i.e. if your booking is from 2 pm you need to leave at 2.50.
8. Please do not arrive early. If you are early please stay in your car or at the edge of the ground until your alloted time.
9. If any member of your household has shown any symptoms of COVID-19, then you remain at home.
10. At this stage we can only offer the facilities to people from one household at any one time.
If possible when booking please try not to leave gaps in the booking times.
For the following week we hope to be able to offer use of the roll out cage net for hardball cricket. Hopefully this will start on Saturday 30th with softball on Sunday 31st.