In the Junior Section at Town Malling Cricket Club, our aim is to provide a family friendly village cricket club with enjoyable and collaborative spirit where the emphasis is on sportsmanship, equal participation, skill development and celebrating the success of individuals, team and club. The Club is a strong supporter of the ECB Codes of Behaviour. Emphasis is placed on safety and showing respect towards teammates, club officials, umpires and opponents.
Learning sportsmanship is the guiding principle for all junior cricket teams. The Spirit of the Game should be embraced by players and coaches. Sportsmanship should always prevail over winning.
Encouraging participation is key. This is fundamental to all of our teams from All Stars up to Under 15 level. It is everyone’s responsibility to encourage all players, to ensure the team operates as a team of equals and that we are inclusive.
Skill Development. All players should be given the opportunity to receive quality advice and compete at an appropriate level to enhance their skill development.
Celebrate Success. Success comes in all different forms in cricket – from 1st wicket, 1st run to 1st catch. There is no better way to build a team and club than to celebrate the achievements of all players (including the opposition).
As a Junior member of Town Malling CC you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct starting with the Top 10 most important rules on behaviour as written by members of Junior Age Groups:
- Respect each other
- Encourage and support team mates
- Listen well and listen to who’s talking
- Be Polite
- No Bullying
- No Swearing
- Don’s swing the bat around (when not hitting a ball)!
- Play to the best of your ability
- Show Perseverance
- Have Fun!
- Junior members must respect the adults who are helping to develop their cricket at the club as any persistent misbehaving (particularly during coaching sessions) may result in a Junior Member being asked to sit out for part or all of the remainder of the coaching session.
- Junior members must respect all other children at the club, and treat them in the way that they would want to be treated themselves.
- Junior members should keep to agreed timings for coaching sessions and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Junior members must wear suitable kit for coaching sessions and matches, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- All junior members’ parents and or guardians must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members must remember they represent Town Malling Cricket Club when playing away matches and should ensure their behaviour is beyond reproach.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke, or consume alcohol of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
Any breach of club rules will be taken seriously and dealt with in an appropriate manner, which may result in your expulsion from the club.
It is important for junior members, their parents and or guardians to be able to share any concerns or complaints that they may have with their age group coach or other safeguarding issues by contacting the TMCC Club Safeguarding Officers at anytime:
Victoria Mills – firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Ramsay – email@example.com