Best practice principles to be adopted wherever possible, are as follows:
• Adults must not change or shower, at the same time, using the same facility as juniors
• Adults should try to change at separate times to juniors during matches, for example avoid changing when juniors are padding up
• If adults and juniors need to share a changing facility, the club must have consent from parents that their child(ren) can share a changing room with adults in the club
• If juniors play for adult teams, they, and their parents, must be informed of the club’s policy on changing arrangements
• Mixed gender teams must have access to separate male and female changing rooms
• Mobile phones must not be used in changing rooms
• If juniors are uncomfortable changing or showering at the club, no pressure should be placed on them to do so. Instead suggest they change and shower at home.